wienwoche is looking for artistic directOR(S) from 2022 on
WIENWOCHE is an annual focal event for contemporary art and culture taking place in Vienna every September since 2012. WIENWOCHE sees itself as a (post-)migrant, queer-feminist festival for art and activism. It perceives cultural work as an intervention in social, political, and cultural debates. WIENWOCHE intends to push the boundaries of cultural and artistic practices and make them accessible for all social groups living in Vienna.
In order to continue the successful work, the supporting association is looking for qualified persons for the artistic direction, whose tasks are to create the overall concept of the annual WIENWOCHE festival, to set an example in the field of current art and culture, as well as to further develop the content of WIENWOCHE. Applications are also possible for newly formed teams.
- Sound experience in the field of artistic curating
- High motivation, initiative and ability to work in a team
- Experience in the field of cultural management
- Reliable, flexible organizational talent
- Ability to work under pressure during the festival period
- Awareness of discrimination and diversity-sensitive know-how
- Media competence, foreign language skills are an advantage
Your area of responsibility:
- Conception, organization, execution and follow-up of the WIENWOCHE events
- Focus on artistic-curatorial work
- Public relations
- Reporting and project accounting
Interviews for shortlisted applicants* are scheduled for October 4 and 5, 2022. The appointment will be for two years from January 1, 2022 with a one-time renewal option for another two years. For a regulated handover, an induction period is planned from October/November 2021.
A maximum of 40 hours is available for the management person or the management team. The minimum gross salary (14x) for 40 hours is group 7/1 of the salary schedule for associations.
Apply with CV and an artistic concept for the WIENWOCHE Festival 2022 and 2023 by September 6, 2021 via email (as PDF) to firstname.lastname@example.org.